Sunday, July 12, 2009

Give a Hoot

I've got a couple pages left to finish from last spring, but otherwise am working hard on last summer's photos now. Need to post pics of some paper pages and projects too! We've been motivated this weekend: some highlights include Jeff put up an umbrella-style clothesline I've been asking for, and prompted by a messy tie-dyed t-shirt (who knew it would bleed WHILE he was wearing it?!?!), I shampooed the living room carpet this morning. As noted on Facebook, Jeff spent at least an hour pulling around 30-40 POUNDS of thistles from our neighbors flowers and yard. The wife has been gone for almost 2 months visiting family out of the country, and they didn't know much about gardening to begin with (she's asked for my assistance when she gets back), and we were tired of thistles growing on our property, so Jeff took them up at the source!

This has to be one of my fastest digi pages to date, but I really like how it turned out. This is a just-because page, not a challenge page:)


I've always been fascinated by owls, and remember dissecting owl pellets at summer nature camp in Cass County as a child. Heather led the "Nocturnal Raptors" day at McFarland Park and even 18 month old Michael paid attention for awhile. The owl is his favorite animal in the "Clifford's Animal Sounds" book. We even got to dissect pellets again, and Christopher kept the bones we found. We've heard great horned owls several times out our windows at home and I even saw one on top of Maha's house next door in the night--HOOOOO, who who who HOOOOO!
Heidi Larsen Hootfest June
Michelle Coleman Boho Flourish Brushes
Jessica Sprague photo mask
Bottled Fart font (love the font, if not the name, lol)

3 comments:

Janet said...

Did you post this great LO just for me??? Love it, Cheri! I don't know if I ever mentioned but we have gone on a few owl prowls. AND at a big Girl Scout event, I got to lead an owl calling activity. *Who-cooks-for-you* *who-cooks-for-you*...says the barred owl! :-)

Kristina said...

Do I want to know what "Owl Pellets" are? LOL

Cheri said...

Kris: NO!;)
Janet: yeppers, just for you! I hated having to use the barred owl photo since the journaling talks about the great horned, but alas, none of its photos turned out. The "teaching" owls they use were injured in separate accidents with vehicles, and we were not to make loud noises, use flash, etc, so most of the photos were blurry despite my "fast" lens.