Sunday, February 22, 2009

Official

William is now official: He has his birth certificate, social security card, and I finally (a couple weeks ago) got his birth announcement finished and sent out (pretty much grandparents, great-grandparents, and aunt/uncle only, please don't be offended if you didn't get one!)



I copied this idea from tiny prints and added the "all boys" from my scrapbooking stash...Mindy Terasawa. The dog in the photo is Michael's favorite stuffed animal in the whole wide world. His name is "Little Mouth", so dubbed by Jeff b/c the embroidered mouth has come undone. Michael put him in the car seat with William for a nice nap when William was only a few days old.



I finished this one a couple weeks ago for the Jen Wilson Designs challenge that week: journal a conversation between you and someone, include a framed photo of you and the person (I chose the unusual photo treatment b/c the windows behind us were totally blown out, ie white and very distracting)), repeat everything else on the layout twice, including the title, choose a repetitive design (eg. the background I chose has a repeated pattern).

JWD A Little Love papers
JWD Project 52: Repeat After Me title
JWD Grunged Detail Starters
JWD Hand Coloured (and Glittered) Bloom Starters
Katie Pertiet frame (from free Scrapbooks Etc. kit)
AL Libretto font
Journaling (from a letter from my grandmother): Grandma’s letter to us shortly after William’s birth (and yes, that ’s Michael in the photo): Just imagine if you didn’t have an automatic washer and dryer, disposable diapers, or an indoor bathroom, and milked cows and raised chickens. Ha!I am totally appreciative of modern conveniences, believe you me!But some things never change. . .Grandma said her 3 children acted up the minute she got on the phone. Yeah, that happens ALL the time! Phones ARE cordless now though. . .

Well we spent our weekend celebrating Christopher's 6th birthday (actually the 19th). 8 kindergartners, 1 pre-K, 1 2nd grader, a 3 year-old brother, a baby brother...OMG was our house full! Christopher chose a penguin theme, and as soon as I wade through about 300 RAW photos (don't hold your breath; it'll take awhile), I'll post some pics from the parties. Oh yeah, we had the children's party in the early afternoon and the grandparent/aunt/uncle/cousins/friends of ours party in the early evening. Whew! TG Grandma stayed overnight; b/c Mommy, Daddy, and William SLEPT IN this morning to make up for it!

6 comments:

Joellyn said...

I love your birth announcement and the LO you did for the conversation challenge is so well done, beautiful to look at and so meaningful, too.

Lisa Laxton said...

They are both great! Babies are so awesome. I wish I had a shrink ray to make mine babies again! sniff sniff...Mine are growing up too fast!

Kristina said...

Glad to hear that you survived the birthday party! and yea....for getting to sleep in. I love the page with your grandparents, such a great memory to perserve.

Sarah Coggins said...

Sounds like a fun but exhausting weekend! Happy belated birthday to Christopher! :)

Awesome job on William's announcements. That's something I've already started to think about (haven't acted on - just thinking!) as I would love to create my own as well.

janalee said...

Cool announcements :) and I'm glad I get to see your digital LO after hearing you describe it at the Feb crop!
I'm excited to see the penguin party pictures ;)

Janet said...

Belatedly getting back to blog-hopping, Cheri! You have been busy! Your birth announcement is so neat. I just love that design!