Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Paper Pages

It's hard to believe it was this long ago already, but about a month ago I attended the annual scrapbook retreat that a group of my friends organizes. We go down to a hotel in Des Moines on Friday night and scrap through (with varying breaks for sleeping, eating, and socializing) to noon on Sunday. It's always a blast! They have a different theme each year, this year being pirates. I won the contest for best-dressed pirate (need to have Jeff take a pic of me in full garb...when I get it finished I'll upload the layout with the group picture the organizers took and printed 5 x 7s for us all!) Anyway, these are a sampling of what I accomplished that weekend...

First up is my favorite book Christopher has made. In kindergarten they take paper, fold it in half, and staple on the one edge to make books. Once he figured this out he made about 25 more books at home with various themes. This one was a Halloween book. He had us draw some of the monsters on the inside, but he colored them. My favorite page is the vampire page b/c other than the silent "e" he figured out how to spell vampire all by himself:) The second page of this spread in his album will simply be a photograph of all the pages in the book (4 x 6 pictures lined up on the 12 x 12 background to completely cover it). I will also cut an opening so you can look through the original book too.



I scrapbooked about Christopher's 5th birthday party a LONG time ago, within a few weeks of his birthday last February. I had so many cool pics of his pirate cake (about $40 at Hy-Vee!) that I did a layout just of it... The skull and crossbones is a wooden decor item found in my goodie bag or prize pack from the scrapbook retreat...thanks girls! The reflection on the left in the pic is me standing over the layout to take the pic. Very difficult to take a good pic of a layout with a transparency on it:)



These are all dance and gymnastic pics of my friend Amy's oldest two children...



3 comments:

Lori C said...

great job on the paper layouts!!! I love the fiber stars.

Kristina said...

It about time you uploaded some paper pages....LOL...I remember these!

Fonda said...

Love all these LOs. It's so fun to see them create those little books.