Friday, January 8, 2010

FINALLY!


I tend to be a procrastinator when it comes to non-scrapbooking craft projects. The last 2 days have been snow/cold days off school here, and miraculously the two little boys coordinated their naps BOTH days, woohoo! Christopher and I embarked on a craft/art project both days. Yesterday we finished our gigantic 6 foot wreath so we can hang it on the peak of the garage next year. Well, it still needs some silver tinsel garland (or ribbon), but unless I can find that in the clearance bins tomorrow, it'll have to wait for the stores to get their supplies next fall.

Today our project was something I've had the materials for since 2004. (did I mention I tend to procrastinate?) My sister-in-law found this on Martha Stewart's website (LINK) way back when and she and my brother-in-law made the candle holders at my in-law's house on Christmas Eve while my mother-in-law cooked and/or we all sat around visiting and watching 1 1/2 year old Christopher. Somehow I never got around to starting or finishing our candle holders when I finally found all the pieces we needed. Disclaimer: The photo is actually my in-law's, as we don't have candles for ours yet:) Anyway, Christopher and I made the patterns fit, glued, and glittered today and even Christopher remarked this evening that they look really good!

Our other snow day project was candy cane cookies. It doesn't bother me at all that we do some of our Christmas baking AFTER Christmas most years;) Not only do these cookies look pretty, but they are some of the best tasting cookies. I've been making them since my early 4-H years. I have no idea where I/Mom found the recipe originally, but it's in my photocopied 4-H Christmas cookie book. The scrapbooked version of it was from a Scrapgirls.com recipe swap in December.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Your candle holders are beautiful! Great project. The cookies look too good to eat and yes, I bet they were good, they look good!