Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten




The big first day has come and gone!:) We biked this morning while Jeff stayed home with Michael. Christopher looked sad, but didn't cry, when I left him off. I was quite impressed that he smiled for a (yes, a) picture...he's on a 2-3 year kick of not liking to have his picture taken (must be a scrapper's curse or something, lol). Michael and I biked to pick him up at 1:45 (shortened days this whole week for mini-conferences with the teachers). M fell asleep on the way there:) Christopher seemed a bit too proud of himself for not saying anything at school. Later it came out that he talked with a couple children he knew from other classes at recess, but apparently didn't say anything in his own class. I think within a couple-three days he'll be talking TOO much in class;)

He was adamant that he bring his lunch and liked that, but unfortunately I'm not sure how many turkey sandwiches a kid can really eat! (Or how many lunches a mom can make). He brought: turkey sandwich, grapes, cottage cheese, baby carrots, and a tiny bag of Lego fruit snacks for a treat. He knew he could buy milk there but drank the water in his lunch box. Now that I know it stays cold enough, I think I'll just send milk with him. It sounds like we're going to keep up the bringing the lunch thing! And speaking of, he just fell asleep so I better get downstairs and make his lunch!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I just saw him recently, he looks so much older! I'm glad to hear he had a great first day, although I'm very surprised that he didn't talk much! :)

Kids can survive on turkey sandwiches for a whole school year! Just ask Grace. :) She would also think that C's lunch box was cool, since that looks like hers from last year.

Mary Perry said...

OMG, he looks so grown up. I know these kids are getting to me worse than when Teddy and Grace went to K. I look forward to seeing his journey thru Kindergarten.

Judy said...

He looks so grown up. Hard to believe that these little keesters are now in kindergarten! I'm glad that he had a good first day. Will be anxious to more stories in the days to come.

janalee said...

Oh, he looks so BIG. I like your pic of his backpack, and him looking away from you. And I LOL at him not talking!

Kristina said...

I don't think your going to have to worry about Christopher talking in class, once he's comfortable, look out! and BTW, Connor took at PB&J EVERY DAY for 7 years, no exceptions....LOL

Gina said...

WOW...how does the time fly. Congrats on sending your oldest off to school.

Janet said...

Awww...adorable pictures! He looks so grown up! Glad he's off to a good start.

Don't worry about the turkey sandwiches. Bailey survived on peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for at least 2 full years of school. I used to make a week's worth at a time and freeze them. To this day, I can make a PBJ faster than anybody, and I don't even like 'em!! lol

Fonda said...

What great photos. And WOW what a backpack and lunch pack! That's neat you can bike him to school and back!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Great photos! Glad he had a good first day. :)