Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This is What I Deal with...



Disclaimer: I will freely admit that when I saw this picture that Jeff took while we were on vacation in the Twin Cities a couple weeks ago, I came closer to PIMPing than ever before, I was laughing so hard.

Description: The Children's Museum in St. Paul is wonderful! This was one of the last areas we visited, and is set up as a town with post office, grocery store, restaurant, bus station, etc...oh, and a doctor's office. Well the crutches were taken by a girl and her mother, who proceeded to parade around on them (nostalgia here...I acquired somebody's old crutches as a child and had ENDLESS fun walking around with them. In the days before PC, I wrapped my arms and a leg with ACE wraps and went around on crutches for Halloween. I knew even then I wanted to be something medical when I grew up.) So the only enticing thing left in the doctor's office were 2 dolls. Christopher proceeded to disrobe them and was absolutely delighted to poke at their "bottoms" (Miss Delphine at preschool says we say bottom, not butt...he took that one good message to absolute heart and NEVER says butt unless he's with a certain friend...who just happens to be the reason why Miss Delphine had to say this to begin with two years ago!) LOOK, look at the baby's bottom....LOOK, LOOK! This is the most fabulous grin he's had on his face in a photo for at least 2-3 YEARS!!!! (What is it with a scrapbooker's child not liking to have his picture taken? Is this some special curse?)

Request: If I'm going to scrapbook this one, I need ideas from those way more creative than me...bring it on! Oh, and I'm thinking this pic DEFINITELY makes an appearance at his high school graduation and wedding *evil laughter*

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This butt's for you"

Lori C said...

there's no butts about it

It's all about bottoms

not feeling too creative right now, but will think more on it.

Kristina said...

I got nothing....lol, but the photo is hysterical.

Janet said...

Ha ha!! The joy of having boys...

Fonda said...

Maybe he's a "bottom" doctor in training! Very cute. We are going to MINN this weekend to send Randy to AK, and was researching things to do in the area, found this place and it looks very interesting. We may have to check it out. That or the Zoo!

janalee said...

Oh, I like Jeff's suggestion :)
there's also
[to go along w/the drinking theme] bottoms up

the bottom of the barrel

and I'm out of inspiration. I cannot wait to see what you do w/that!

Sarah Coggins said...

Too funny! Can't wait to see your scrapbook page. :D

Anonymous said...

"Christopher always cracks me up..."

Mary Perry said...

Very funny picture, Cheri. I think C is "fingering" it all out. Sorry. I think you have some good titles going.

I'm always amazed at how fast kids take the clothes off of dolls. Hmmmmm

sweetpea324 said...

OMG! The photo is good but the comments have me chuckling out loud. The "cracked up" one especially. hahaha How about -- bottom line is ... you're silly or some other adjective. Ok, not as good as some others. And I can't believe C's in kindergarten! Time does fly, doesn't it.

Cheri said...

Well obviously I can't just choose one of these great titles, which are as funny as the pic itself! So I think "C always cracks me up" wins the main title, and the page can have all the others as subtitles/journaling:)

I'm glad C could provide amusement for so many people, not just me!

Cheri said...

Just a mental note to myself: Cindy suggested "Not everyone poops" You know, like the book?! LOL!!!!