Friday, August 29, 2008

Kindergarten, scrapbooked already


Journaling: The big first day has come and gone! We biked the first morning while Jeff stayed home with
Michael. Christopher looked sad, but didn't cry, when I left him off. Christopher thought school seemed long and wouldn’t tell many stories. Two days later at the mini-conference his teacher said he’s doing very well, participates, and seems happy. He has brought his lunch every day so far: The first day he had a turkey sandwich, grapes, cottage cheese, baby carrots, and a tiny bag of Lego fruit snacks for a treat. It’s hard to believe he is really old enough for kindergarten!
Supplies:
Scraplifted from Vivian Masket's layout in 9/08 CK magazine
Robin Carlton Bears 'n Blossoms 'n Blooms kraft paper (bottom layer)
Shalae Tippetts Freedom special (stripes)
Angie Briggs Beloved red paper for apple
Erica Hite Fabric Buttons apple
Angelica E. Almost Solids ledger paper
Thao Cosgrove Typography Scrap Simple Paper Template (words overlay)
E-lena calendar
Ursula Schneider Mini Calendars Emb Templates
Shabby Miss Jenn pencil
Impact and Candara fonts
Jan Hicks Coin Folder Chip style on "off"
Katie Pertiet Defining Moments -Love (circle brush at bottom)

Phew, the first week of school is done!:) C actually admitted school was "good" today, though still said it was too long. Y'all should have seen me getting to school to pick him up today. A bit of background first: Jeff drove the van to work this morning and left M's carseat here, and at 4:00 we are riding with our friends in their big van down to Des Moines to have dinner with them. Then we will ride back with Jeff in our van:) Anyway, the boys don't fit in the bike trailer together anymore, and fight when they try, so C would have to ride his own bike home. M and I didn't want to have to run any errands today, so we didn't have a chance to drop off C's bike at school. So M rode in the stroller, I pushed it, and pushed C's bike off to the side, the whole 1/2 mile to school this afternoon. :) I'm sure I was quite the spectacle. And C did just fine riding his bike home with us. He isn't super fast yet, so didn't seem to mind waiting for us to catch up on foot. M slept most of the way there and back, but of course woke up when we got home. Guess he'll be a bit sleepy tonight at Grandma & Grandpa's, oh well!

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Love it! At least your doing SOME type of scrapbooking. You had me worried, I thought maybe you were going to give up the hobby.

Gina said...

Very cute. WTG getting this scrapped already!!!

janalee said...

LOLOL- I completely understand juggling strollers/bikes/kids :) I'm glad you made it there safely! And I'm impressed that you've already scrapped his first day!

Kristin said...

Super cute lo! I still have two years until my daughter's first day of school and I'm already dreading it. I think she'll be fine...it's me who will be crying!

Thanks for leaving me blog love. I needed it today!

Mary Perry said...

Love the layout, and all those cute elements. Still can't believe these kids are in K.

I really did chuckle at the visual of you, M and the bike. God what we go thru, and could a man do it? Not in this lifetime, nor would they attempt.

Joellyn said...

I do just LOVE this LO, Cheri. And, kudos for getting it done so fast! I remember Karrah thinking school was long, too, especially with no afternoon nap!

Joellyn

Janet said...

So cute! Perfect first day of school LO. :-)