Monday, December 1, 2008

My Little Turkeys



We had a good Thanksgiving at my grandparents' home. They are now 87 and 92, so the rest of us brought all the food:) The boys refrained from most of their usual WWF-style wrestling (why me, why me?)....we were VERY thankful for that!;)

Michael even took his customary 2ish hour
long nap on their couch. They were the only children
as my other cousins alternate years with traveling to
other sides of their families. My 2 college-age
cousins were there, and Kendra and Christopher did
Mom's craft projects she brought to help keep C
occupied (M slept through that). The boys also got to
"help" put up the snow fence at the farm and ride
around in a wagon behind Uncle Steve's 4-wheeler (I'm
glad I didn't really know about that until it was
over...we make kids wear helmets when riding a bike at
0.2 miles per hour, but let them careen around in a
wagon...) It was a lot of fun for them though, and
Jeff was with them in the wagon to make sure they were
sitting down the whole time.

Our big accomplishment of the week here is....TA DA!
Michael appears to be more or less potty trained!!!!
Woohoohoohoo! :) I'm not sure he'd tell anyone other
than me and Jeff, but at home at least, he's potty
trained. Now we'll work on Grandma, Grandpa, play
group, the gym nursery, church, etc...

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving! In that photo, I see both you and Jeff clearly in Christopher...how wild is that?

Hope your feeling well!

Judy said...

I love the pics of the kids. Sounds like your Thanksigiving was a great day. You are so lucky to still have grandparents alive to share the holidays with. Thanks for sharing. Will be anxious to see you and see how your waistline has expanded.

Joellyn said...

I love the picture of Chris. He looks adorable with his pilgram hat. I'm on the other side of the wrestling stuff with my 15 year old and I actually miss it. What am I saying? LOL

Fonda said...

Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Congrats on the potty training. I'm hoping to hit that hard with LAD after Christmas. Yikes!