Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day Gifts

Here's my mother-in-law's gift from us this year. Mom's book is identical except for the front cover. 3 or so of the pages are photos I took of traditional paper pages, the rest are digital pages. I was very pleased with Shutterfly!

DH and the boys always treat me well on Mother's Day...I have received such wonderful gifts as Club Scrap membership (back when they were AWESOME), a pogo stick (I have ALWAYS wanted one, and my parents NEVER got one for me!), Roomba (some women would have hated getting an "appliance" but I think it kicks you-know-what), and this year...a Scrap Girls club membership...woohoo!:)

We spent this Mother's Day at Sunday School, then hightailed it to Greenwood Park in Des Moines to meet my in-laws including sister-in-law and her family. M-i-l had been hinting to s-i-l that she wanted family portraits. So s-i-l hired a professional photographer (same one from our wedding, wow!) and we split the cost of the sitting fee/and will get in-laws at least 1 photo. I think this serves for Father's Day gift too, better check on that;)

Click here to view this photo book larger

7 comments:

Kristina said...

How wonderful! I'll bet your mom and MIL were thrilled with that gift.

Judy said...

That is awesome. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing. The moms had to just love this wonderful gift you gave them.

Janet said...

Just beautiful, Cheri! They will cherish these books forever.

Lori Ann Davis said...

Cool book!
I'm not sure how long you've been away from Club Scrap, but they're still, or maybe in your case it's more like "again" awesome! You might want to check them out again! www.clubscrap.com We'd sure love to see you come back again!

Rosalie said...

Cheri, I love your book. It's beautful!

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful book! I've never tried that option from Shutterfly, but definitely plan to in the near future.

Sounds like you had a good, but very busy Mother's day. And, yup, I agree that photo shoot should count for Father's day too.

Joellyn said...

I can't even quite find the right words to heap the praise on you that you so deserve for this beautiful gift. I think you have inspired a whole bunch of people to try a digital book. I know I do!