Friday, April 18, 2008

Billy Joel Concert



My fabulous in-laws won tickets to Billy Joel's concert in Des Moines Tuesday night! Then they got another block of 4, and my sister-in-law also won a block. Whew! We were spread out all over the stadium, and somehow, my friend Kristina, her family, and I got the best block:) We were just behind the stage but REALLY close; it was great! The photo above is borrowed (hehe) from the Des Moines Register site, as I was a good girl and heeded the ticket: "No cameras allowed". Yeah...the women in the front row were snapping FLASH pictures right in Billy's face. Whatever.

The concert was great, and I realized Billy Joel sang a few songs I didn't know where his, lol.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

I see you found where I got the picture....LOL!

The Purcell Family said...

Great picture! That is kind of what he looked like half a mile away where I was sitting.

Janet said...

Oh, he is GREAT! I've seen him two or three times but didn't make it to this concert.

Crystal said...

I've seen Billy Joel in concert twice. He's awesome. I found your site through some other scrapbooking sites I read. Reading over your posts I see that you write about photography and I see your beautiful photos. I also love photography though I am a novice. I've been taking pictures since I was about 12,(That would be many, many moons ago) I bought my first digital camera in 2000 and bought my first SLR digital camera in 2006. I have a few lenses, and an extra flash (which I am not sure how to even use) however I still need lots of practice.