Friday, April 11, 2008

Layout of the Week!

Layout of the Week!
We in the scrapbooking world often say "Toot" to "toot our own horn" when we've been published, etc. I've always thought the term a bit crass, especially now that I have 2 and 5 year-old boys who I am constantly telling to STOP TALKING THAT WAY:) Well I have something to brag (not sure that's any better...hm)...about! Last Saturday I was happily scrolling through my Scrap Girls newsletter waiting to see what cool freebie would be at the end, when "what to my wondering eyes should appear?"...But my own layout in shining color, lol! I made quick work of spending my gift certificate, let me tell you:)

Here it is a little larger, with credits:

Based on sketch by Jen Caputo
SG TCS Bella and Bella 2 collections
SG BHA blossoms & blooms winter
2peas snap frame (flourish at left of photo)
candera font
tree photo by me, moon photo by DH (extracted and enlarged by me)
The layout was in answer to a challenge to scrapbook a picture of the sky.
TFL!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the photographer of one of those photos, I'm still waiting for my share of the gift certificate... :)

janalee said...

This is so cool!!! I love this LO, and I'm pretty impressed that you got published AND they gave you some money to spend!

:)and now I'm trying to picture jeff buying anything at Scrap Girls...

Kristina said...

It is just stunning! and Congrats on seeing it on the website!

Fonda said...

Wow, congrats. Love that moon pic! Great work-both of you!

Sarah Coggins said...

Well deserved! What a beautiful layout. Love the quote & flourishes. Perfect accents to that lovely photo. :)

Janet said...

Woo hoo!! Congrats to you! And it is WELL DESERVED recognition! Love the LO. It's really eye-catching!

Unknown said...

It is a stunning layout Cheri...

Congratulations!

You should be proud of all of your work!

Carrie