Friday, April 18, 2008

My New Baby Arrived!!


I'm totally in love:) And it's ABOUT TIME Pentax came up with this lens!! I've been waiting years for a prime lens, agonizing the whole time over whether to stick with Pentax or switch over to Canon or Nikon. Every once in awhile I'd search the sites, always to be disappointed that there were no new lenses. My friend Cindy was the one who tipped me off to this baby, and the dear UPS guy (whom I'm not sure I've ever even seen) brought it today.

I really put the wide-open f-stop (1.4 OMG) to the test today. It's gloomy and raining, yet the images turn out great with nothing more than natural light. I swear this thing could take pictures in the dark!


How did I get handsome Christopher to pose for me? I promised him the rest of his Culver's concrete mixer from the other night, lol! Have you tried these things? They are to DIE for! We HIGHLY recommend blueberry & banana. Hm...might have to make a field trip when Michael wakes up from his nap...

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Congrats on the new lens! I love my 50mm that I bought on ebay. The lens I'm coveting now is $549, so THAT's not going to happen anytime soon...LOL...

Can't wait to see more photos!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now, you are going to want even more lenses that work great in low light conditions! ;)

Cindy

Janet said...

Looks awesome, Cheri! Enjoy, and I'm sure this is just the beginning of many wonderful photos! With a few trips to Culvers mixed in, of course! LOL

Sarah Coggins said...

Wow! Awesome photo and adorable son. :)

Ann said...

Good for you. But, I am ignorant. What is a prime lens?

Cheri said...

Ann, a prime lens is a non-zoom...if you want to be closer, you hoof it closer to your subject, and if you want a more wide-angle photo, you back away:)

Janet said...

Cheri, since you haven't posted in a few days, I hope you're busy playing with your new lens! Can't wait to see more pics. :-)

Hey, there is a little something for you on my blog this evening... :-)

Hope to see you one of these days!
Janet