Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Breast Cancer Fundraiser

I want to spread the word far and wide. A friend of mine (Tara Inghram, for those who also know her) was diagnosed with breast cancer last month and has rallied her emotions enough to get mad at this disease. She has begun a t-shirt fund-raiser for breast cancer research. Her site can be found at Tara's Tees to obtain an order form for the t-shirts. The deadline for ordering is May 19.

Breast cancer will affect 1 in every 8 women over the course of their lifetimes. It has affected my own mother, one of Jeff's cousins, and my husband's aunt is currently undergoing her own battle.

I too would love to see this disease cured, and this is the best way I know of at this moment in time to try to help out. I guess it makes me feel like I'm doing something for those I love who have had or have the disease. If you too feel strongly about this, as Tara suggests on her website, please send this message on to others you know who may be interested.

Thanks for listening, and I promise never to send "real" chain mail!
Cheri
PS Here's a photo of the T from Tara's website...they come in multiple colors...

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

What a great fundraiser idea! I've known several people with this disease. Very scary.

Lorie said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing the link.

Ann said...

I am so sorry to here about your friend but that is a great tee and I wish her well.