Thursday, May 1, 2008

More "Digi in Deep" assignment layouts

My poor blog has been neglected lately! Too "in deep" with digi, and medical conferences, and other assorted life stuff like housework.
Here's week 2 from the latest Jessica Sprague course I took:

* SP Lima background papers: From Monoblendz Paperie - Lima paper pack by Anna Aspnes (recolored)
* Rounded corner square die cut: from Border Templates pack by Katie Pertiet
* Striped patterned paper: from Bohemian Garden kit by Mindy Terasawa
* Dirty Journaler Label: from Dirty Journalers set by Katie Pertiet
* Grunged Up Photo Block: from Grunged Up Photo Blocks No. 2 set by Katie Pertiet
* Staples by Katie Pertiet
The layout was designed by Jessica Sprague...I just recreated her steps with my own photos and some very minor changes to fit my theme. My favorite part of this lesson was the smooth gradient transition from one photo to the next.

Oh yeah, this is ME as a toddler:)

Lesson from Week 3:

For this one we had a special photo assignment, and it was a doozy:) The large photo to the right is me taking a picture of my reflection in the mirror, using natural light. Well at our house, there is no natural light in the bathrooms, and our mirror in the entryway proved to have some big distractions in the background when I tried that. So DH held up the entryway mirror for me in the living room (his idea, what a guy!) while I fiddled a bit and got it just right!

This one also is a pretty direct lift of Jessica's class layout. I added the photo of my week 1 layout (as seen on my blog) and jeweled brads in the center of the "ghost flowers" we made...they are Shalae Tippetts' "Holy Night" from scrapgirls.com
Supplies:
* NRJ PDQ Patters: From PDQ Textures Vol. 6 set by Nancie Rowe Janitz
* Grid notebook paper: from Notebook Paper Pack by Katie Pertiet
* Journaling strip: from Stitched Journaling Strips set by Katie Pertiet
* Grungy flourish brush: from Grungy Clusters Brushes-n-Stamps by Katie Pertiet
* Torn frame: from Photo Booth Frames by Katie Pertiet
* Heart pin: from Apron Strings kit by Leora Sanford
This was a lot of fun with some rather complicated masking! I felt REALLY in deep when this was done;)

TFL,
Cheri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the second layout, so creative, and even though it might not have been your design, I could totally see you doing a design just like it.

It looks great.

Fonda said...

Great LOs. That's nice that you have a cooperative husband!! I'll be thinking about your friend. I cannot imagine the loss they must feel...

Kristina said...

I love this one, Cheri! I remember when you told me you needed to take this shot. I think it turned out great!