Saturday, November 8, 2008

More Spookiness

A smattering of our holiday decor:




The "scary guy" as Michael calls him was a 50% off find at Target last year...love him! He sits in our storage side of the basement during the off-season and happily scares the kids when they go downstairs to check out the toy stash down there, lol.

Mom made the witch a number of years ago...she's way more cute than scary:)

Christopher designed the jack-o-lantern based on a t-shirt he has, and Jeff did the honors with the sharp pumpkin knife. I'll never forget the first year I convinced my parents I was old enough to carve a pumpkin. I sliced my thumb open and was too embarrassed/didn't want them to know I apparently wasn't old enough after all, and told them I had a hang-nail to explain the band-aid:) Methinks I'll supervise a little closer when my own children start cutting pumpkins alone.

It's been awhile since my last owl reference, so of course I had to show off our new doormat from Target!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I love your "scary guy" and the witch is very cute also!

Fonda said...

Love that owl mat!! He's very cute! And nice jack-o-lantern!