Saturday, April 4, 2009

Christmas in April (fits the weather, eh?)

In light of the snowstorm about to brew out my Iowa windows...here's the challenge I just finished up for Jen Wilson's Project 52.


Christmas hymns to me are an epitome of the Christmas season. I adore singing; I adore the music, especially when accompanied by piano or organ. And I actually get shivers if there is SATB. When sung in company, the hymns make me feel more a part of a community of God than at any other time I can remember.
I am worried that with the lack of carol singing in this day and age, we are raising a generation of children who will no longer be able to hum the tunes, let alone sing the words, to the carols. I love our liberal United Methodist Church, but am disappointed that we “suffer” (my words) Advent at the expense of celebrating Christmas. It means the carols are only sung on Christmas Eve and the Sunday following Christmas. I hope we are able to have a piano at home in the near future so we can have our own caroling there!


JWD Merry Days First (blended 2 papers together)
JWD Circle Words Holiday (with a chipboard style applied)
JWD Holiday Rings
JWD Seasonal Stamped Borderlines (stamped along the bottom)
Melissa Renfro Star Bright style
Keri Schueller Holiday Time (NOEL)
Jan Hicks Coin Folder Chip style
AL Aunt Marie and Candara font
Seishido.com let it snow brush (star with a glittery style applied)

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Love this one! I love the how you placed the "NOEL" on the page and the alpha you used for it. Your journaling rocks!

Jill said...

Very pretty layout! And I *******HATE******* it when kids are made to suffer religious events. Surely MOST of the time there must be a way to have fun (or at least not suffer TOO much, though realize there are always going to be times that a little suffering is appropriate, or times when fun for one kid is suffering for another) while still recognizing when it's appropriate to be serious and solemn and respecting what you're celebrating/remembering/honoring. Ugh.

Joellyn said...

I love your journaling on this LO. You raise such a good point. Our Methodist church has a Sunday before Christmas that is all Christmas music, sung by the various choirs and bell choir. It is my favorite service of the year, too. Seriously, I tear up when they sing Silent Night and stop the accompaniment---it is so uplifting.