Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ribbon Challenge

I finally dug myself out of my paper scrapping slump, as I've been saying here lately:) My friend Lori gives us monthly challenges on my local SB list, and the challenge for March was to use up as many pieces of ribbon as we could. I'm happy to report I used 72 (!) pieces, many of which were already in pieces, lol! Here are a few of my very favorites I completed this month.


This one is my absolute favorite. I'm going to put this one on the wall in the "big boys'" room for a good long while before tucking it in the SB. :) Read the story, as it is SO SWEET!
Older Carollee's Creations paper, various ribbons including Basic Grey. The sun and title are part of the background paper.


Michael wearing a Scooby mask at his second birthday party 1/08. I still have stories from 2007 that didn't get scrapbooked, though I am done with those photos. so I've recently chosen some early 2008 photos to get those stories down on paper!

This one was based on a layout seen on ScrapGirls.com. I can't find the original now to link to, sorry! Uses brand new Sandylion paper with a bunch of old ribbon, Pebbles Inc metal, and Carollee's Creations stickers along with some fibers.


I consider this Michael's 2-year portrait, so told some cute stories from his life around 18-24 months. Uses up old Basic Grey Color Me Silly paper, ancient gingham ribbon (which I still like), and my last piece of this multi-colored ribbon that Janet tipped me off to during her school years album class. I twisted that piece around and used little glue dots to hold it in place as a partial photo frame. I like how it turned out. The title is an EKS sticker and the train and fire truck are truly ancient K & Company stickers. I love that I can still make a great page (IMHO, lol) using up old old old supplies!

3 comments:

Fonda said...

Love these LOs and how you used the ribbons. What a great idea!

Kristina said...

Nice work with the ribbons! I'm going to have to scraplift using them under a photo. TFS!

janalee said...

These are great :)
My dad used to sing "You are my sunshine" to us kids sometimes- it is still a favorite song of mine!