Thursday, April 23, 2009

Did You Ever Wonder Why...

Did you ever wonder why:
In cartoons, when they blow up balloons with their mouths, the balloons float as if they had helium inside. It never fails! From my childhood on, I've always wondered about this...

Things that are supposed to make life easier often do exactly the opposite, especially in the short run.

You neuter/spay your “best friend” (ie. your dog) (Thanks for this one, Scott!)

Scrapbooking involves very few scraps, and instead a whole lot of relatively expensive artistic items. Don’t worry, YOUR DH’s don’t read this blog, only mine does, and he already knows all my secrets!:)

I wanted to make a way longer list, but a couple weeks have gone by without me coming up with anything new, so this is what you get!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I've always wondered why my kids can run, run, run all day long and then when I ask them to do something as fast as they can, they walk as slow as they can, stopping to play with everything in site and then look at me perplexed because I'm upset that it took them 15 minutes to walk up the stairs to grab something in plain sight. Wow, that was a horribly long run on sentence! But it describes my life a lot lately. Sigh.

Sarah Coggins said...

Cracking up at the scrapbooking comment. My DH is well aware that it's one costly hobby, but keeps a happy wife and that is worth it. ;) hehe Although I am trying hard right now to use up stash & scraps vs buying more stuff. So hard!

Kristina said...

LOL....I guess I've never thought about the balloon thing. I've always wondered why both my husband and son can walk by debris on the floor and not pick it up and throw it away.???

Janet said...

Very good questions, Cheri! My DH has asked the scrapbooking question quite a number of times over the years. He looks at pages and asks, "So where are the SCRAPS???"

Joellyn said...

Well, ALL of your musings seem to be a mystery in my household also. Re: "scrap" booking. I create one million scraps and rarely use them. That was going to be one of my missions in 2009 to use more scraps, but I don't think I've made a dent.

BTW about a previous blog entry, Culver's concrete is absolutely my fave recovery food after chemo. I've been known to inhale them.

Joellyn said...

Actually, I think that was a previous FB comment about the concrete.