Monday, October 27, 2008

A Crafty Weekend

We had a good, busy weekend. The kids got their flu shots Saturday morning with a minimum of crying, then my parents came to spend the next 24 hours with us. Christopher, Mom, and I (mostly I, but I did have help!) finished 6 Halloween cards (I don't usually send H cards, but these are cute...will post when I get pictures of all taken), 3 witch hats, and several beaded Indian corn decorations. I need Christopher to hold up a backdrop for me to take pics of the hats, I hope this afternoon, then I can post:)


Very close scraplift of Sarah Batdorf's layout on scrapgirls.com
Jeff took the photo of me at Adventureland on the carousel
FEI stuff word art
SG_EHI_Applique collection mini (some recolored)
emerritt (formerly of LDD) feltypaper (recolored)
SG_STI Stiching 1 brush & Cheryl Barber Stitching and Holes Style
SG_TCS_Art Journal brads, some recolored
SG_BHA_orange office tab
2peas well behaved & bluecake fonts (redhead part slightly grunged with standard PS faux finish brush)
SG_ASO_Blackberry brush (arrows)

TFL,
Cheri

8 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Cherie, this is Summer Driggs here. You asked about the frame I used around my daughter's picture. It is a freebie from www.twopeasinabucket.com . If you go in their digital section, click on kits, and then under the price section click "free" it is the one called "Color My World" by Rhonna Farrer. Good luck!

Joellyn said...

I love this LO, Cheri and Jeff just did SUPER with the picture! Very attractive! I'm looking forward to seeing your other crafts!

Kristina said...

I've seen this photo before....LOL

Love what you did with it!

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful layout! I love the bright colors. And, no, I've never known a quiet redhead. ;) LOL

Fonda said...

Love this LO, and the fabric feel to it!
I have to tell you my owl story, since reporting that I hadn't ever heard one in IA before! We went to Iowa Arboretum a weekend or two ago to find a geocache in the afternoon and it was getting evening by the time we left and we heard an owl hooting. LAD was very excited. He said " is that an owl hooing". Very cute. Then a few days later we were coming home from Ankeny and turned off I35 onto 210 and there was an owl HOVERING about 10 feet in the air, undoubtedly getting ready to pounce on his supper. I'd never seen one hover before! We probably blinded him with our headlights! Needless to say I was very excited to have seen/heard 2 owls in one week!

janalee said...

Very cool LO :)

Janet said...

Love that pic of you, Cheri! And that is a perfect quote, esp. for us red-haired girls! :-)

Colleen said...

Fabulous layout! Love the colours and great picture!