Monday, October 13, 2008

Magnolias (a little dose of spring in the fall)


Since we scrappers are rarely working in the current season, here's a little dose of spring in the fall. This one goes out to those who think flowers don't belong on boy pages...to that I say PPPPPPPPPPPPPTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (or however you'd spell it!)

I really cannot claim any piece of this layout as my own (and the original was done for a boy's page too!)...This is a hook-line-and-sinker type scraplift from Thao Cosgrove at Scrapgirls for their Eternal Spring collection. I substituted Kristin Aagard's "Love in Paris" (recolored) font for the title and Raspberry Road's "Cherry Limeade" rickrack. And the photo is by DH:) It was a bit too sunny to be optimal, and of course by the time the lighting was better, Michael was asleep. So I have better pics of Christopher and me by another magnolia later that day, but wanted Michael in the layout as well.

TFL,
Cheri

3 comments:

Fonda said...

I have a hard time using pink for a Boy LO, but recently saw something, oh, in our Book Club book, Lisa Bearsons's Book, that was a boy/man LO scrapped in Pink and it really doesn't look all that bad. Who cares. It's not like it will scar them for life!!! And it's purdy to look at! :)
I like the quote you used and the little mail box is very sweet!

Janet said...

This is such a beautiful LO! It just looks so soft and, well, springy! Such a cute pic of you and the boys.

razlin said...

ooohhh this layout is soooo sweet and lovely!!