Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catch-up

Here's all the Jen Wilson challenges I haven't posted over the last few weeks...whew! Now if I can just post them weekly as I finish them...



The challenge was to scrapbook a quote/scripture/etc that has real meaning at this time in your life, plus use something you'd never used before, and something you couldn't scrap without.
The thing(s) I couldn't scrap without: JWD solids paper (any of her lines) and Candara font
The thing(s) I had never used before: JWD Lotta Heart brushes, Doreen Stolz lace and Vickie's Pink Mocha alpha
Quote: "Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart" -William Wordsworth (journaling says that's why I scrapbook)
JWD Academy: Elementary solids and Laundry Line solids
JWD Lotta Heart Brushes
JWD A Little Love
JWD Being
Doreen Stolz Spring Romantic lace
A Work in Progress- Pink Mocha alphabet
Altas Greeting and Candara fonts



Our challenge was to scrap a less-than perfect photo. This one comes out ok on web, I think, but the original was noticeably blurry and really bugged me, but I love their expressions and what they are doing.
My photo was pretty blurry, so I "hid" that fact by using a chipboard style on the photo to make it look more like a coaster. The style includes a pattern overlay that made it less obvious that pretty much nothing was very focused in the photo.
JWD Laundry Line Zachery papers
JWD Grunge Edges overlay
JWD Grunge Detail Starter
JWD Project 52 Dated Stamp Circles
JWD Cowabunga journaling block
JWD Hand Stitched Starter
JWD Jenerally Speaking "live out loud"
Melissa Renfro Cardboard
Ariadna Wiczling Warped action
Erica Hite Frayed brush
Jan Hicks Coin Folder chipboard style
AL Highlight and Bloktype fonts



Challenge to scrapbook a "bucket list" of the things you want to do before you die. This one is much brighter IRL, despite my resaving it in the sRGB color space that is supposed to be for web viewing. Oh well.
I used a lot of blending modes and had fun with this one...journaling and all!:)
JWD Academy Biology paper and Offset Tinted Stamp Block
JWD Breaking Free Camping Out paper
JWD Jenerally Speaking Live Out Loud
JWD Beginnings Paper Date Starters
JWD Twenty-Nine and Co. Time Flies
Brandy Hackman Retro Family Love (metal corner)
Brandy Hackman Persian Breeze (hinge)
Fonts: Gentle Redhead, CK_Ali's Handwriting, Candara
Journaling: So before I myself kick the proverbial bucket, here’s my list: Oh, and please by all means assume that money and obligations are not an issue!
1. Learn Spanish fluently, and since this is a dream world I’ve entered, I’d also like to learn Italian and French fluently as well.
2. Travel with my family! Florence, everywhere else in Italy, Paris, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Egypt, Israel...
3. Ski at least once per year on a real mountain
4. To be able to make friends and connections wherever I go
5. Learn all the ins and outs of my CraftRobo to use it to its full potential
6. Have time to read ALL the books on my to-read list (you’d need 5 liftetimes for that!)
7. Help President Obama ensure that ALL Americans have health insurance! (And that implies that it’s going to happen in the next four years)
8. Hike in picturesque locations: Yosemite, Grand Canyon, New England in the autumn…
9. Own a truly professional camera and know exactly what makes it tick and how to take a great image
10. Have my very own “Mrs. Gruen” a la Nancy Drew (nanny, cook, and live-in housekeeper all rolled into one person!)
11. Have a PA job that I love…and have PA finally stand for “physician associate”, not assistant
12. Live in a completely green house and be able to eat mostly local foods
13. Have all my heritage memories scrapbooked



Collection Challenge (scrapbook someone's collection of something)
JWD: Being, Delighted, Fancy Free, Rekindle, Academy: Art, Beginnings 05, Laundry Line: Emily, Project 52: Dated Stamp Circles, Stamped Art School Alpha
Brandy Hackman: Sassy's Pumpkin and Hopsack (frame)
AL Charisma font



This challenge was to scrapbook the story behind a name (didn't have to be a person, but I decided not to think too hard since William needed a page about his name, lol)
Journaling:
It was difficult enough for us to come up with one boy name, let a- lone three. I don’t know what made Daddy wait this time, but my line of thinking was that if we waited until you were almost born, there would be less time to argue and agonize. So on the way to the hospital I said I wondered what we’d name you and Daddy said, “How about William Aidan?” I thought, “hm, I like it!” But I still told him what I had been thinking: Andrew Ryan or Andrew Jeffrey (in keeping with our meaningful family middle name thing we had going on with Christopher and Michael). Andrew reminded Daddy too much of someone, but he was ready to compromise with William Andrew. I just didn’t think it had quite the right sound, so William Aidan you are! We didn’t decide for sure until you were 24 hours old, so you were Mr. No-Name/New Baby for awhile. Daddy wanted you to be a “W” name because M is 10 letters past C in the alphabet, and W is 10 letters past M. I think this appeals to his orderly engineering mind:)


JWD Nostalgia 1, Laundry Line: William, His Tuesday Attire, Sugared Tissue Paper Alpha
Thao Cosgrove Endearing (circular elements)
Paula Wright word stickers
Syndee Nuckles Monday and ruler elements
Katie Pertiet date line
Dominican and AFL font nonmetric (journaling)

3 comments:

Kristina said...

WOW! You have been busy! Love them all. You're rocking the digi with all the JWD elements. Very nice.

Lisa Laxton said...

You go girl! I don't know why but I haven't gotten anything done lately! I need to fix that tomorrow..

Sarah Coggins said...

Wonderful layouts! I love that sweet photo of all 3 of your boys with the heart frame. Just precious. :) And LOL at the journaling for William's name - sounds like your DH and I think a lot alike. I'd do something odd-ish like that too where the numbers work out. Maybe accepting that trait will help me with the name hunt for our little boy. tfs!