Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Crop

Nope, I didn't attend a fancy crop without you, lol. Just little 'ol me holed up in my ugly basement scrappin' area when I'm lucky enough to have two little boys asleep at the same time in the afternoons while the big boy is at school and the biggest boy is at work;)

Easter last year: The boys had a lot of fun coloring eggs. I was pleasantly surprised at how the brown eggs took the dye...definitely going to do that again this year!! The slightly shiny wadded up green fiber on the left looked just like Easter grass to me when I saw it in my fiber drawer (the fad may have been and gone but _I_ still like it!), so I just left it all wadded up like it was in the plastic bag I stored it in, lol. The next page is the right side of the 2-page spread.




This one is based on a Pencillines sketch (got the sketch all printed out nice and neat at the Night OWLS Retreat...thanks girlfriends!!!!). Michael riding in the truck cart at Hy-Vee with the Arthur (from PBS) stuffed animal he checked out at Bookmobile. Not sure if you can read the journaling, but he became so attached to Arthur that I had to scour the internet to find a similar one. He was never as enamored with his own as he was with the library's, but didn't seem too upset thank goodness. Basic Grey Fruitcake paper, WRM Keepers eyelets and snaps, and EKS title sticker block.



Ok, a couple of these WERE done at a crop...this one is a photo I took at Christopher's preschool last year when the buds were first coming out on the shrubs and trees. To stave off questions, I haven't the slightest idea what kind of plant this was, lol. (Somebody already asked me that in person). I was just SICK of winter last year and wanted to document the signs of spring. I used some ANCIENT supplies on this page...Sharon Ann paper I've had for at least FIVE years and some cut-outs I've had almost that long, coupled with the leaf ribbon that's probably only a year or so old.

3 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

Those eggs have a neat deep rich color to them! Your pages are very cute!

Kristina said...

I miss dyeing easter eggs! Your easter pages are lovely and I like your easter title. LOVE what you did with the sketch...that looks like BG...Lucky you to get some scrappping time! I'm hoping to do some tomorrow on my flex day.

Cheri said...

Yep Kris, the sketch one is BG Fruitcake:)