Thursday, March 5, 2009

More Paper Pages

Here's a couple of my pages from a February challenge on my local SB list. I have a small collection of sewing related scrapbooking items b/c Mom used to sew a lot of my clothes (almost all of them until around 1st grade) and I have various heritage photos that I also want to talk about the handmade items people are wearing/quilts/etc.


Anyway...This one uses:
Stella Ruby Basic Grey paper, Two Busy Moms paper, MM pocket, sewing pins (metal), sewing machine charm (metal), canvas title from Club Scrap (God I loved that stuff!), buttons, and embroidery floss


This is a MM chipboard sign that I bought around 2 years ago I think. With my procrastination skills it's a wonder it ever got done, lol, and I started it AFTER Valentine's Day if that tells you anything about me;) I noticed the love-related metal items and decided that was a good place to use them. Charms are MM, stickers are EKSuccess, also used wooden flowers and a "wax" seal.

TFL,
Cheri

3 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

That wax seal is way cool!

Fonda said...

I love how you incorporated the sewing elements into your page. Can you imagine sewing your own children's clothes? My mom also made a lot of mine and my brothers when we were small. I can image it, but not sure I could really accomplish it! Certainly not with a full time outside job as well. That would be a full time job!

Janet said...

Super cute LO! What a great idea to do future sewing-related pages. There's so much family history in hand-made items.