Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Creative Team News!

I'm happy to report I am now on the design team for Carrie's Creations! Carrie designs awesome files for cutting machines including my beloved CraftRobo. This is an excellent excuse to get the cutter running more! Here's my first installment, using her very cute chick file.

Layout description: My cousin and I holding Grandpa Charlie's chicks and kittens in 1976. I'm not sure if you can see, but the little chick's leg is down in between my hands, and in the other, it looks like I'm practically choking the poor kitten...good thing Gpa is there to help!
Supplies: Reminisce shimmery chicks background paper
KI Memories blue bird paper
Bo Bunny striped paper
May Arts & American crafts ribbon
chenille fuzzy rick rack from sewing store
Memory Makers buttons
twine for button thread
Slick Writer pen
AL Serenade font for title
Color Box ink
layout based on a Becky Fleck sketch
TFL!

Incidentally, usually I just photograph my paper layouts in natural light and crop. For the design team, I made the extra effort to scan (in 4 pieces mind you, to get every tiny edge) and stitch together...may I just say Photoshop is AWESOME! It has an automated feature allowing you to effortlessly (more or less) stitch together panoramics and things like scanned SB pages!:) Worth its weight in gold anyday, lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

Janet said...

Wow...congratulations on the DT! That's great, Cheri! You are very deserving and are going to be perfect for this gig!! Love the pictures of you, BTW. My hair was that same color as a child! :-)

janalee said...

Major congrats on making the DT!! You will do awesome work. I know this already :).
Love the "peep" title- and the cute little chicks that go with it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! You would do awesome on any DT.

Fonda said...

Congrats! Love the chickies and kitties!!

Heather said...

Congrats, my friend! Couldn't have happened to a nicer, talented person.