Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Random Things I Want

Inspired by Suzanne, I thought I'd show you a few things that have caught my fancy lately, and would love to have at my own home sometime:) These are in no particular order, btw:
We currently have a Pentax *istD, a Pentax digital SLR from I think 2004. I have been a bit unhappy with the sharpness of images and the price of new lenses. I'd really like a lens that allows shots in super low light, and those are few and far between for the Pentax. Luckily Walden Photo here in town will allow me to try-before-I-buy if I really think I want to switch. DH jokes that I'm their best customer (I don't think he knows how much some people really DO spend at a photography store!) Anyway, this is one I have my eye on, or the more expensive D300. As you can see, I borrowed the image from Ken Rockwell I hope he doesn't mind, especially since I'm linking you back to his most excellent photography site!:)

My Ames cropper friends mentioned this one...turns out DH has heard really good things about these too. Our vacuum has given warning signs of death lately, so if it kicks the bucket, we'll probably splurge. When one has two beagles, one must have a great vacuum!



I've also been thinking even more environmentally lately...I've switched to using reusable bags at the grocery store (mine are stylish freebies I received through Memory Bound, the LSS at which I work 1/2 day per week. The SB companies are always giving out cool bags at their trade shows, and they pass them along to staff:) An article about steam cleaners caught my eye in the newspaper lately, and I love how it's chemical free! Again, one with 2 beagles (not to mention 2 boys) NEEDS a nice carpet cleaner, and the steam cleaner can do that and SO much more:) (Again, we have a perfectly decent regular old soap-using carpet cleaner).
Daimer steam cleaner

So the bottom line is, I'm not likely to see any of these things at my house real soon, lol! But a girl has to have dreams, right?

2 comments:

Janet said...

Cheri, it's a great idea to use those canvas bags from trade shows at the grocery store! Never even thought of that. Our store has run completely out of the canvas bags they were selling.

Fonda said...

Hi Cheri. You can't go wrong with Nikon, I have a D100, and one day too hope to have the D300, however the D100 does a perfect job. It definitely is all in the lenses. I have a couple older (cheaper) Tamron lenses that I used with my D100 that I was not happy about the sharpness. I also have Nikon DX and Sigma lenses that are very good and the sharpness is excellent. I stayed with Nikon digital b/c I had Nikon 35mm and wanted to be able to use my older lenses. I hope the vacuum holds out so you can get the camera!!! :)