Friday, January 11, 2008

A Little Comic Relief


Even I am getting bored with scrapbook pages day in and day out here, so I'm going to offer my own version of "Feline Friday" TM (see http://ofcatsandcardstock.blogspot.com/ for more information).

This silly stray/feral cat lives in the vicinity of my grandparents' (87 and 92 years old, thank you very much) farm in rural SW Iowa. It has taken to sitting on their porch railing outside...who knows, maybe there is a glimmer of warmth from the house, or merely shelter from the north wind. The silly thing even takes naps up there perched precariously. Now the kicker is, the doorbell is RIGHT THERE! Yep, you guessed it, the darned cat rings the doorbell, possibly by accident (well at least the first couple times), up to several times a day.

So if you happen by and want to visit, chances are, Grandpa & Grandma are home...but if you ring the bell, they just might sit tight, b/c it's probably just that darned cat again.

TFL,
Cheri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not proud of this, but...

i can has doorbell?

Janet said...

Oh, my gosh!! It's a doorbell-ringing cat! :-) See, there is hope for my Lily to learn to ring a bell!

That cat looks HUGE! I had a cat that was "caramel and vanilla" colored. He is deluxe!! :-) TFS!

See ya soon, hopefully! jp

Anonymous said...

Love the story!!!