Friday, January 25, 2008

Now We're Rocking! (Jessica Sprague ROCKS!)

You may have noticed my absence this week...I've been so darned busy with Jessica Sprague's "Now We're Rocking" with Photoshop class, I've neglected my poor blog:) See www.jessicasprague.com for more information on her 3 Photoshop classes...they are worth EVERY penny!

Here are my first 2 layouts from class:

This one is mostly a scraplift of Jessica's week 1 layout...it's easier to learn the concepts by just blindly following along, hehe. I did turn the layout on its side since I had a vertical photo instead of horizontal.

We learned coloring a photo sepia, then selectively showing the original color through, columned fully justified journaling, corner rounding (using a brush), etc etc:)
Credits:
* Blue paper: from the Impressions: Idea kit by Trish Jones (SBG)
* Torn paper template: from the Paper Reveals Layered Template No. 2 set by Katie Pertiet (DD)
* Journaling paper: from the Crush Bubbles kit by Trish Jones (SBG)
* Alphabet: from September Afternoon kit by Meredith Fenwick (SBG)
* Grungy-edged frame: from Distressed Diva kit by Trish Jones (SBG)
Valentine brush from Jason Gaylor http://designfruit.com/jasongaylor/blog/ (FREE!)


My 2 DS on an amusement park ride...and the journaling is about the way my oldest DS tries to include everyone...I love how the "love" word art in the lower left plays on the "ride of a lifetime" when they are on the amusement park ride.
2 papers from Carnival kit (exclusive to January 2008 members of the Now We're Rocking class), selective recoloring. I used a blending mode on the dots paper. Love word art from Brandy Hackman's Stylize collection, BVA plaid brush & DMI bitsy thin brush at Scrap Girls. Blue background paper is trishjones paper 8 (same as in the first layout but recolored) with AHANS grunged overlay.

Journaling: Christopher, I’ve been so impressed with how you always include others in your play. You have gone out of your way, several times, to include others at preschool, especially if they are new or sad. You helped draw Alexander out of his shell, and little Chloe looks up to you like a second big brother for helping her feel welcome her first day.
Lately you have taken to inviting people to our house too. You invited Pastor Linda to come watch your favorite video (curing intermission at the church’s play) and the beautician to Michael’s birthday party!
May you always keep this beautiful trait of inclusiveness in your life!

TFL!
Cheri

3 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

These are both so great! I saw them in the gallery and can't remember if I posted, so I thought I would leave some love here! I am totally lifting that second layout!

Sarah Coggins said...

Your digital layouts are wonderful! I really love the torn paper & stitching details on these. tfs! :)

Fonda said...

These LOs are great and love the techniques you used on the photos. I'm going to have to check out these classes! Thanks!