Friday, January 4, 2008

The Hanging Chair (aka Indoor Swing)


My friend Rosalie is doing a list of scrapbooking challenges for our local group. This layout is for the challenge to scrapbook a favorite holiday memory.

Journaling: Who knew furniture could be so fun?! I
fell in love with a similar chair at a family friend's
home so Mom & Dad (I mean Santa) scoured the stores in
Omaha until they (I mean he) found this one and its
stand at another store.

I still remember Christmas morning, seeing the chair
in the living room, thinking how magical Santa was to
fit it in the sleigh...it was like an indoor swing.
Even Grandpa Charlie tried to sit in it...it swung and
he ended up on his bottom-oops! (He wasn't hurt)

Supplies include Basic Grey paper, Heidi Swapp
chipboard, ribbons, and rubon, MM metal charms, and
unknown source for the Santa paper clip. Oh, and Queen
& Company brads.

3 comments:

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Um...no. :)

Sarah Coggins said...

What a cool memory! I like the embellishments & that you handwrote your journaling. :) tfs!