Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our Very Own Captain Underpants



Disclaimer: I asked Christopher if he wanted me to scrapbook these photos since he's in his underwear, and he was excited for me to do so. I plan to pull out that fact when he is a disgruntled teen wondering why the HE** I scrapped this:)

This was a from scratch layout by me for a challenge on the Jessica Sprague class...
Journaling: We’ve never read Captain underpants, but
I think Christopher certainly qualifies here
for a junior sidekick.
Whoever thought only girls have
the market on fashion sense should take a
closer peek: jeans on the head
fire cape (compliments Grandma Carol), &
underwear to complete the ensemble.

Supplies: Sweetshoppedesigns.com Carnival kit (exclusive to Now We're Rocking class members), and #6 from Jessica's 100 list (See http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/hundreds-of-scrapbooking-ideas/ ). The fire is a standard (I think) custom shape with a gradient...any tips on how to make it better would be most appreciated!:)



Again, a challenge for Jessica's class...the cover and journaling pages were ready-made by Jessica...all I had to do was add my journaling, I added a couple photos to the front cover (hers was bare), and assembled the pages. I don't have her permission to share the link for the album pieces and instructions, but I know it originally was a freebie over at CK (I think)...comment on her blog at http://spraguelab.squarespace.com/ if you are interested and we'll see if she's still distributing it to non-class members.

I called this 3 pages for my one-a-day goal for January:) It took quite a while to figure out which pictures to print, add titles to a couple photos, turn a couple sepia (and recolor parts of one photo), and assemble the whole thing.

One more photo to go tomorrow and I'm at 31 for the month!:)

TFL,
Cheri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christopher has quite the imagination! :) Thanks for the giggle. :)

Cindy

Fonda said...

Ha! at least he has his underwear in the right place! Love the cape!! I like your title and how you did the word imagine. Maybe your flames need a black/dk blue "mat" behind them to pop?

Janet said...

Priceless photos, Cheri! Remember to show them to his prom date some day. :-)

Hey, I'm tagging you on my blog! Should be posted soon...