Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Real Men Can Scrap!

The "You better not pout" on yesterday's layout was DH's idea:) He's a great scrapbooker, but only does a page every 3 years ...here's a sampling, since he doesn't seem to have his own blog:


This was Jeff's scrapbooking debut, in 2002...We went geocaching with our beagle, Reuben, and he had a great time bounding around in the woods. I scrapbooked the same page, albeit much less effectively. I wanted to focus on the autumn colors, Jeff wanted to focus on "Adventure Hound" himself as a comic book canine super hero. He used all my supplies, found it all himself, one day when I wasn't home and surprised me with it!


2005: Commemorating our trip to Great Britain. Jeff made the background paper from maps he found, online I think (he'll correct me in the comments section if I'm incorrect), and created the Tube signs himself in Paint Shop Pro...he did all the journaling on the right and everything. This layout was a present, maybe for Christmas, for me that year.



2007: (Ok, he was roped into this one a year early at the Memory Bound Halloween party, so don't expect any more from him for a full 3 years this time!) There were various SB supplies out on the table and all the spouses at the party had to create a page. The owners had taken our photos of us when we arrived and printed them really quick to be available an hour or so later for this game. I hurriedly took a picture of this page tonight with the overhead lights in the kitchen, so it's kind of a poor quality rendition...note the cats in the lower left, lol.

TFL,
Cheri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I should probably make a few comments.

One thing I was reminded about the London page is that I purposefully used physical photos, push pins, and text - even though it would have been much easier to do it all digitally. At the time, I thought that no real scrapbooker would do an entire layout digitally. So I guess you could say I was a digital scrapper before digital scrapping was cool...

And the three year rule has definitely served me well (listen up, guys). Any time Cheri nags...er...bugs...er...suggests that I do another page, I can just point at the calendar and say I'm not due for another few years.

I am glad she considers the Halloween page counts as a three year layout, especially since it took maybe 5 minutes to complete (and I was well lubricated at the time).

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...and the London paper was indeed from online Tube maps. The left side was from the Transport For London. There was no high enough quality bitmap version available, so I zoomed in on the PDF and took screenshot after screenshot, stitching them all together to make a huge image suitable for a 12x12 360dpi printout (4320px x 4320px).

The right side is a physical representation of the London Underground that private individuals have put together, similar to this one.

Fonda said...

These are very nice LOs. My husband wouldn't have a clue where to start in making a LO, he looks into my scraproom and just sees stuff/clutter/etc. I think it's cool your hubby is brave enough to venture onto your turf!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

I think Jeff needs to scrap more! They look great! I especially like the dog busting through the page in the "Adventure Hound" layout. :)