Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Visit from Jack Frost



Another challenge from Jessica Sprague. The idea was to take a photo today and scrapbook it right away. A secondary challenge was to do the layout in 30 minutes (you could have all your digi supplies open and ready to go). I suppose if you take out all the design decision time, I made it, just barely. I won't tell you how much time to add for all the pre-thinking I did, lol:) (and oh yeah, the photo was taken a couple weeks ago, sh, don't tell)

Supplies & Journaling:
Flakes and Gessele fonts
SG BHA zipper emb. templ. & MRE Star Bright style & TKA Weather or Not zipper pull
500 ml snowflake brush
Jen Wilson Being collection papers
KPertiet paper reveal
Journaling: Most days are filled with the same basic routine, but I’m so glad I stopped to smell the roses, as it were, today. When I let the dogs out this morning I was immediately struck by the beauty of winter nature. Jack Frost had been very busy in the night painting his frosty pictures all over our yard. It was bitterly cold, but I braved a couple steps out in the backyard to take some pictures to remember. Winter gets a bad rap sometimes, so I’m glad of the reminder that it has its beauty as well.

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty! I like the zipper. Perfect little embellishment - I've been doing that a lot lately. Zipping up to keep warm! :)

Janet said...

Love it, Cheri! I can feel to wintry air! I am so sorry I haven't been to visit your blog lately...I am way behind in my blog reading! Looks like you've been on a roll! Hope to see you one of these days. :-) jp

janalee said...

Wow, you've been busy! I really love the LOs you posted- going digital really opens up some cool alternatives!